Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Equality?

I've been the designate "pray-er" in the Senate in Austin a couple of times. I am grateful for the opportunity. I am a Christian. This is supposed to be a Christian nation. They never asked me not to use the name of Jesus in my prayer, but I don't always find that necessary, so I would have been OK if they had.

Now some folks are upset that the Congress of Texas is using Muslim leaders to pray. Shouldn't they have "equal access?" Sticky wicket, as some say, in this nation that abhors anyone "feeling less than equal." Let's just make sure we understand. Muslims pray to Allah. He is not the God of this nation. In fact, I am not sure who Allah is at all. But he is not God. There is only one God. He is the one "in whom we trust." All else is just religious talk.

No comments: