Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Learning

This past week my wife took the grandkids to Washington, D. C. She had been promising to do so for years. She often took her class from school, and now the boys were old enough to understand what they would see. It was an amazing trip for them.

One thing they saw during their tour of the Capitol Building was Congress - IN SESSION. Interestingly enough almost no one was there. In fact, it is often (you can watch it on TV) only the one or two who are debating some senseless topic, or whoever is getting the pork, or whatever advances the particular political agenda of someone or another who manages to show up.

You'd think, for Heaven's sake, for the money we pay them they could at least show up for work. What was it Mark Twain said - "Reader, suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself. " Man, I Wish I'd Said That!

No comments: