Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Let's Quit!

There is very little that is easier than quitting. I've been known to run (you know--marathons and such) a little, and my body keeps saying to my brain -- "Let's quit!"

Lots of people, even those in Congress who ought to know better, want to quit the war in Iraq. I talk to people frequently that want to quit their job. Some kids (students, if you will) want to quit school. Folks find lots of reasons to quit Church. Every year multitudes of teachers quit teaching, leaders stop leading, physicians stop treating, attorneys stop practicing, preachers stop preaching. It's just easier than struggling on. One thing is true -- almost anybody can do it.

Here's a suggestion. Let's not! I suspect that if everyone quits not much will get done. But then, quitters don't usually care about anyone but themselves anyway.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

As you say, indeed many people quit. All have the chance to quit. I know folks who look for ways to quit. For me, I've been slowed, but haven't stopped. I'm with you, LET'S NOT QUIT, let's finish the race.