Sunday, March 11, 2007

No Pepsi?

I received my "umteenth" e-mail this morning telling me not to buy Pepsi because the can doesn't say "under God." I like diet vanilla Pepsi. And you know what? I don't care if the can says "under God." Why would I expect a major company, or any company for that matter, to promote a Biblical worldview when their goal is to sell soda pop? And yes, I do know what the Pledge of Allegiance to the United States says.

Creating a Nation, under God, is my job. If I spend less time worrying about what Pepsi, or Disney, or Wal-Mart is doing and more time lloving my neighbors and sharing the Gospel with a lost and dying world, I might accomplish something worthwhile.

My failure to purchase Pepsi won't change a single thing in life. My witness to Christ and His power to save, will open the conduit which allows Him to redeem a life. One at a time, men and women come to faith. Perhaps, even any unbelieving execs at Pepsi will hear the Good News!

Hey, it's just my opinion!

No comments: