Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Priorities

I am amazed at the public outrage over a celebrity being charged with (and pleading guilty to) a crime against dogs. Hear me. I think dogs are great. My boys and I have had. . .and have a few. I am adamantly opposed to dog fighting, and animals that must be disposed of should be killed in the most humane manner possible.

Where is the public outrage over the death of humans in some of the most dispicable possible ways. Genocide, infanticide, abortion, ritualistic and political murder are prevalent around the world, and at least one of the above is out of control in our beloved country as well. The cry of outrage against such is small and mostly unreported.

Something is wrong here!

4 comments:

Bob Hayton said...

You're dead on. I found another post earlier which pointed out this issue, as well as contrasted this case with another case from some time ago. You may be interested.

Anonymous said...

The "SOMETHING WRONG HERE" is a nation who is ridding itself of
God and His Word as rapidly as possible and "God's people"
are being politically correct & thinking llove is NOT speaking against atrocities...(as the Germans did during Hitler's reign.)
The Bible teaches "speaking the truth in llove". And the truth is,
there is no 'politically correct' Christian witness.
MaidNTexas

Christian West said...

Anon. -
Your comments show great wisdom. Our nation, and perhaps many, if not most, of God's people have reached the conclusion that tolerance is more important than Truth. That will be our ultimate undoing.

Christian West said...

Thanks Bob. I read the post and I, like so many others, am concerned about how our nation got so warped. Oh, I know it's the Enemy, but still, simple good sense ought to count for something.