Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Simple Agreement

From an Associated Press story on the Florida primary:
"Steadfast in a crisis, as a candidate Giuliani was a bundle of contradictions, so much so that he liked to joke that even he didn't always agree with himself."

Sort of reminds me of a significant number of Christians. Many times there is little agreement between what we say we believe and the actions we take. We believe we ought to pray consistently and frequently, yet seldom do. We believe we ought to attend the functions of the Church, but are often too busy or tired. We believe we should actively share our faith with others, but rarely take the opportunity. We are confident that we are to llove one another, yet find the actual discipline much to difficult.

It's as if we don't agree with ourself about who we are in Christ Jesus, or what we are to be about as believers. That needs to change, and quickly.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

We fail to keep the plates spinning because we're watching them spin and not watching the Savior.

So, write us a Llove Letter about Jesus, CW, not us.

Christian West said...

John,
Allowing the life of Christ to rule and regin in our lives is totally about life and llove of Jesus.

But, here at lloveletters.com we amim to please. My next publications will be a lloveletter about Jesus.

Thanks for replying to my notes.

Christian

Anonymous said...

Bill, please use spell check ... your blog daily is thought-provoking and on target.
Jan

Christian West said...

Jan,
Actually I do use spellcheck. I read the post over and over. I think my computer and I have the same dyslexic problem.

Thanks for reading the material, even thoguht it may be a prolemb from a speling perpsepctive

Christian

Anonymous said...

No, that's the subjective experience of "Christ in me" but faith which works by "llove" is not strengthened by hearing what he can do if only you will allow him to, it's strengthened by the objective good news about what he did for us 2,000 years ago. "Christ for me" must precede and be the motivation for "Christ in me."