Thursday, March 15, 2007

Torture

This guy who claims to be Osama Bin what's his face's right hand man is confessing to a lot of stuff. Do you think we tortured him? Of course, I don't know. Let me tell you what I do know.

I know a lot of moms and dads, wives and children, brothers and sisters who are tortured every day because of the loss their lloved one on the battle field. I imagine the torture of learning how to walk with one leg or no legs, eat with no arms, cope with life when one's brain is damaged beyond repair, to survive the agony be being burned nearly to death, or live with the nightmare of war which won't go away even when the battlefield is far behind.

We didn't start this war, and we seem reluctant to finish it. Those who attempt to destroy the United States with terrorism, those who kill and maim in the name of godless religion may find the going tough. I hope so.

No comments: